That's a lot
of microphones to choose from. Here is some info that might make
the choice go a little easier:
several features associated with CB microphones. Some are just
for fun, but most have practical uses.
- Power, or pre-amplified, mic's are microphones that require
a battery and amplify the audio before it gets to the radio. This
is useful for those who speak softly, or may have a weaker signal.
- Speaker microphones are mic's with the speaker and microphone
components in the handset. These types of microphones are typically
used with radios developed to work with them
- Echo mic's, as the name would imply, produce an echo sound effect.
Some have a dial to adjust the speed of the echo.
Canceling - A noise canceling microphone helps filter
out background noise while you talk.
Beep - A microphone with roger beep will transmit a
beep when you un-key the mic. This lets the listener know you
have ended your transmission.
- A dynamic microphone is a basic CB microphone with a ceramic
- An electret microphone is a basic CB microphone with an electric
cartridge inside. These mic's can be smaller and less expensive
than the dynamic mic's.